Safety Tips before starting your sweet and sour chicken recipe:
- Wash hands before and after handling raw poultry.
- Use separate separate knives and cutting boards when preparing raw and cooked foods.
- Make sure the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit before serving.
If you’re curious about what nutrients are going into to your home cooking, then you should check out Supertracker. It’s an easy way to estimate the calories, food group targets, vitamins, and minerals for those who love crunching numbers.
- 1 chicken breast – sliced into 1/2 inch cubes or thin slices
- 1 tsp dried red chili pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning (to taste)
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp distilled vinegar
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 15 oz broccoli florets (frozen or fresh)
- 1 small white onion – chopped
- 1 tsp garlic – minced
- 1 tbsp green onions – chopped
- Marinate chicken in hoisin sauce, distilled vinegar, agave syrup, red chili pepper flakes, and poultry seasoning. Place in the fridge and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat canola oil in medium high heat.
- Sauté garlic, white onion, and green onions until white onion is translucent.
- Add in marinated chicken.
- Add broccoli when chicken is halfway done.
- Turn off heat when chicken is fully cooked and broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Serve immediately with brown, white rice, or freekeh.